Llanos Nature Tour
Experience two days of wildlife watching against the natural backdrop of the llanos. Spend a night in a 'hato' in a private nature reserve, home to hundreds of capybaras, white-tailed deer, predatory cats like the puma, to anteaters, anacondas and fascinating bird species.
Immerse yourself in the magical world of los Llanos, enjoy jeep tours, walks, and a peaceful and enchanting canoe ride at sunset to finish off the adventure, getting at eye level with capybaras, caimans, and marveling at some of the Llanos' most striking birds.
Possible wildlife sightings:
Burrowing owls, giant anteater, southern tamandua (small anteater), capybaras, white-tailed deer, maikongs, armadillos, puma, anaconda, jaguarundi, various species of ibis such as scarlet ibises and buff-necked ibises, species of herons including whistling herons and night herons, various hawks such as savanna hawks, kites, falcons, parakeets, macaws, swallows, flycatchers including fork-tailed flycatchers, yellow-crowned parrots, various woodpeckers and wood creepers, jabirus, various hummingbirds, agoutis, spectacled caimans, red-footed tortoises, hoatzins, turtles, iguanas, Orinoco geese, howler monkeys, roseate spoonbills and more.
Farmhouse inside the natural reserve - 1st night
• 2 hrs drive from Yopal, situated inside a 9000 ha large ranch, partly natural reserve
• Simple spacious bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
• Terrace and porch with hammocks and sofas to lounge
• Home-cooked meals
• Wifi available for a fee
Villa Lisseth - 2nd night
• 15 mins drive from Yopal Airport, surrounded by nature
• Four spacious bedrooms with large windows, A/C, TV
• Pool, terrace, hammocks, loungers, eco-trail, birds’ feeders
• Fresh fruit from the garden & good home-cooked meals
• Owner run by friendly local family
• Bar, laundry service and free Wifi