Llanos Intro Tour
Yopal is located right at the foot of the Eastern Andes and looking out into the Llanos, the perfect gateway to explore los Llanos - and this is the perfect "introduction tour" itinerary to get the most out of it in a short amount of time.
Catch your horse with a lasso and set out to explore savannas, gallery forests and waterholes in the Llanos -on foot if horses are not your fancy. Observe capybaras, white-tailed deer, herons, ibises, burrowing owls and keep your eyes peeled for anteaters and anacondas on a 4x4 wildlife safari across the prairies on the second day.
Possible wildlife sightings:
Burrowing owls, giant anteater, southern tamandua (small anteater), capybaras, white-tailed deer, armadillos, puma (rare), anaconda, red howlers, capuchins, various species of ibis such as scarlet ibises and buff-necked ibises, species of herons including whistling herons and night herons, various hawks such as savanna hawks, kites, falcons, parakeets, macaws, swallows, flycatchers including fork-tailed flycatchers, yellow-crowned parrots, various woodpeckers and wood creepers, jabirus, various hummingbirds, agoutis, spectacled caimans, red-footed tortoises, hoatzins, turtles, iguanas, roseate spoonbills and more.
• 15 mins drive from Yopal Airport, surrounded by nature and peaceful
• Four spacious bedrooms with large windows, A/C and television
• Pool and terrace, hammocks, loungers, eco-trail and birds’ feeders
• Fresh fruit from the garden for juices & good home-cooked meals
• Owner run by friendly local family
• Bar, laundry service and free Wifi